Do you know what lasts just as long as a true friendship? Photographs! I'm welcoming in 2016 with a BFF Mini Session Photo contest on Instagram! The winner receives a free mini bff photo shoot with April Mae June Photography!
Enter to win by 9pm, JANUARY 19TH
1. Follow me on Instagram
2. post a pic of you and your best friend with a favorite memory you two share
3. Tag me at @aprilmaejunephotos
4. Use hashtag #amjbffs
The top 3 images with the most likes will be posted on my Instagram feed the night of Tuesday, January 19th. You will have 24 hours to campaign for votes for you and your best friend. The image with the most likes on Wednesday, January 20th at 9pm EST will be our winner!
WINNERS will receive the following:
- Makeup for you and your BFF***<-- Just added!!!
- 30 minutes of photo shoot fun with your bestie that will take place in April 2016
-10 watermarked social media images
- 1 5x7 print (1 for each friend)
- Only 1 friend per entry and only 1 entry per person
-You must be a current high schooler residing in Metro Detroit
- I must be tagged (@aprilmaejunephotos) and with the hashtag #amjbffs
- Parents must sign a portrait model release form
- 1 parent must attend the photo shoot
- Keep it classy! :)
May the photographs be ever in your favor :)
Music by: Bensound
You know what's so amazing about having a best friend? When you can be genuinely be yourself around them and they still stick around! The older I get, the more I realize how important and priceless those people are.
Allison and Michelle were lucky enough to find that in each other at Stevenson High School. They both had a passion for stage and the bag of craziness that came with it. We met up at a park near the Edgar E. Ice Arena to capture their friendship, styling it up with fur, flannel and floppy hats. It was a total blast!
Oh, Michelle. From the beginning, her quiet confidence and your sweet-natured presence had me feeling so welcome. I enjoyed every minute of capturing her beauty!
Slay, Allison, slay! That red hair. Those smizing eyes. Allison was a total natural in front of the camera. Take that fearlessness and run, girl! You'll go far, I promise.
Michelle's fav memory with her bff- "Throwback to the Thespian Society Christmas party. We were doing a white elephant gift exchange and someone brought a Jurassic World chia pet. Allison, being the Jurassic Park aficionado she is, was dead set on getting this gift. When she finally did, she opened the box only to find a Spiderman chia pet instead. The box was still shrink wrapped and everything. The packaging was just wrong. Allison was practically in tears from laughter though."
Allison's fav memory with her bff- "she came over and we played my multi-player James Bond video game!"
Enjoy your senior year, ladies! Soak it up. You'll blink and then it'll be over!
And just like that, 2015 is gone. The start of a new year, while exciting, stresses me out a little. All these questions of doubt start popping up from the corners of my mind. Did I cross enough off my list? Did I have enough fun?.. Or maybe I went a little overboard on it... Did I spend too much money? Did I not save enough? I'm turning how old?!?!
A recent article that my cousin posted on her blog, Steps in Seoul, had me realizing that I was looking at it backwards.
I decided to leave my sea of doubtfulness, stop with the resolutions for a second, and just be grateful. Here's a list of a few things that made me proud in 2015:
1. My friends and family won't believe me, I did the majority of the cooking for Jake and I this year. And he did not get sick once! ;) He's still the best cook, but I'm getting better at not burning things.
2. I successfully shot 20 photo shoots this year. I loved every minute of it!
3. Jake and I completed a 21 day cleanse. No caffeine, sugar, flour and nuts for 21 days and I lived to tell the tale.
4. We grew our family with cats!! They are still alive and well. I can't say the same for our garden though...
5. It's amazing to see my little business grow so much in a short year! All the sweat, tears and heart that comes with dream chasing has brought out the best in me.
Happy New Year!